- USDA lowers their corn yield forecast from 176 to 166 bushels, trending towards Main Street Data’s existing forecast. The USDA 10-bushel drop matched closely to MSD’s loss of 9 bushels of national yield due to late planting.
- Main Street Data forecasts 1.357 billion BU loss (total corn production) compared to current USDA estimate
- 2019 late planting for soybeans is beginning to impact yield this season
- 2019 shows early price volatility for corn, which may continue for much of the season
- Soil Moisture: 1993 vs. 2019