State/National yield forecast at frequencies up to 2X per day. See market moving changes in supply before, and more accurately, than others.
Progressive WeatherYield is available now in 2x daily, weekly, and monthly frequencies.
NEW! Continuous corn & soybeans yield forecasting for traders, hedgers, and producers
The Main Street Data corn and soybean yield forecasting model is a computerized representation of crop growth, grain development and yield potential simulated through machine learning interpreting the soil, available water supply, and weather conditions organized by crop stage.
Key Factors driving Progressive WeatherYield Model
- Trend improvements in genetics and agronomic technologies
- Non-weather factors: (location, soil type and soil water holding capacity, crop growth stage)
- Planting date
- Speed of crop growth and development
- Excessive heat during pollination and high temperatures during grain fill
- Drought moisture deficit throughout the crop stages
- Flooding-related stress and associated N fertilizer losses
- Multiple stress interactions (soil moisture, precipitation, and nitrogen loss)
- Temperature-driven growth and development
Dig in, make money…
Progressive Weather Yield isn’t a black box yield forecasting service. In addition to national yield forecast we answer “why” did yield expectations change day over day. As the forecasted yield changes daily, the underlying factors determining yield change are also provided.
This is the 2019 planting progress yield gain/loss county map as of May 20th showing yield loss due to late planting and projected late planting due to saturated fields. Take a look: hover over each county to see details.
This is the 2019 planting progress yield gain/loss county map as of May 20th showing yield loss due to late planting and projected late planting due to saturated fields.
The Bottom Line
For AG Business
We enable ag-related organizations to dive deeper than ever before into the data and insights that drive better decisions.
We provide growers with an objective scorecard for farming practices, along with insights for where to invest for better return.